Our Nippers train every Sunday throughout the two summer school terms, with breaks for holidays.
Optional weekday training takes place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings for those Nippers who want to prepare for competitions or improve their performance.
This season begins with our Open Day on Sunday 14th October 2018.
Nippers train in one of five categories:
- Starfish: Very basic introduction to Nippers for 4 to 6 year olds
- Micro-Nippers: Some swimming and board-work, as well as basic safety and first aid for 6 to 8 year olds
- U9 & 10 Nippers: Skills training for competitive and social nippers, who are aged 8 (U9) or 9 (U10) on the 1st of October.
- U11 & 12 Nippers: Skills training for competitive and social nippers, who are aged 10 (U11) or 11 (U12) on the 1st of October.
- U13 & 14 Nippers: Skills training for competitive and social nippers, who are aged 12 (U13) or 13 (U14) on the 1st of October.
Children who are aged 14 on the 1st of October, move up to the Junior section of the lifesaving club, and compete in different competitions.
Nipper training times are as follows:
- Sundays: 10:30am for the whole club. Starfish and Micros train for 1 hour, age-group nippers for 2 hours.
- Tuesdays: 5:30pm to 6:30pm for age-group nippers only, starting October
- Thursdays: 5:30pm to 6:30pm for age-group nippers only, starting January
- Mondays & Wednesdays: 5pm to 6pm swim training at Fish Hoek Primary School pool, for qualified nippers only
Please see our Facebook page for the most up to date season calendar.